I read a friend's blog the other day, his grandmother passed away. My condolence to you dude. It kept me thinking, is death scary? Well to me yeah it is, it is scared tome when I think my life will be taken away from me while I am still not prepared to face the afterlife. (sembahyang, ibadat2 lain, muslims you should know this). How do we know we are fully prepared for it anyway? But what is scarier is the death of a loved one. A really close person to you. We will never ever be prepared for that....
On the friend's blog, he wrote something about people think of 'mandi jenazah' as scary. I used to think like that as well. When my grandfether passed away, I didn't wash his body. You can say I was scared, I wasn't prepared for his passing. When we went back to his house that time, i was told that my grandfather was sick. Nobody told me how serious his condition was. (I always want to keep things positive). So I guess I wasn't prepared when I saw my grandfather's lifeless body being brought back. When it comes to the 'mandi jenazah', something inside kinda fall apart, I couldn't do it. Why didn't I do it. It regrets me to this day.
Almost a year after that, another event that would change the course of my life happened. My father passed away. I wrote about it in Friendster quite a while a back. You can read it here if you want. This time I did the 'mandi jenazah'. How can I not? He's my father. Nothing scary about it. Surreal it is, looking at his face, I could swear his lips looked like a smile. The experience was very spiritual. You just can't cry while you're doing it. On his last morning alive, I didn't shake his hand when I went out to work. I mean, how could I know?. So during the 'mandi jenazah' I took special care to wash his hands, so at least I can 'bersalam' with him for the very last time. For those of you who think 'mandikan jenazah' is a scary thought. It's not. It's actually the very last physical contact you're going to have with your loved ones. It's the last time you will see their face before the body is wrapped in 'kafan'. And like the friend said in his blog, as you are cleansing the body, you are cleansing yourself too, your innerself. Memberi keinsafan.
So everyone, tell your parents you love them everyday. Make it a habit. Trust me when the time comes, and you missed the chance to tell them how much you love them. You will regret it for the rest of your life
No comments:
Post a Comment